Friday, April 1, 2016

The Biggest Post I Have Ever Wrote Talking About Our Trip To The Aquarium And Some Other Museums

Ok, first off, this is a really big post and I split it into sections which I have never done before. This is about our trip to the aquarium in Baltimore. In a separate post, there will be all the pictures I took. It's a lot and at least 10 pictures. We went to all of the parts and there are six levels (not the game type of level) if I am not mistaken. I forgot some parts, but don't blame me! It took me a long time to get the pictures emailed from my dad' sand mom's iPhone. Anyways, time to start!

Level 1:
There wasn't much on level one. We went to a souvenir shop (which by the way, my brother bought a shark grabber) , a coin machine which we got two elongated pennies, and a 4-D theater with three SpongeBob movies and a Sea Monster movie. We weren't  particularly interested in SpongeBob so we watched Sea Monster which was about these dollies (I think that is how you spell it) that survive in the extremely dangerous Jurassic seas where tylosaurus, cronosaurus, and other dangerous sea reptiles roam. A "ground aquarium" was available which included a variety of fish, one gigantic sea turtle as in three people ride on back gigantic (it was missing a flipper) , several reef sharks, a giant Ray, and a wobblegong shark in the reefs. In addition, we saw the divers go through the process of feeding time! The divers were cleaning the walls which has nothing to do with feeding and handing the giant sea turtle cabbage (sorry, lettuce) to eat. Also, the dolphin show was available and we arrived just in time to see them do a handful of neat tricks such as flipping in the air, shooting into the sky and doing free fall, splashing the crowd, putting a pole in the air that is hanging a whistle and having the dolphin blow the whistle, and playing with a ball. All of the tricks earned some who as and wows. That pretty much concludes the first level. Actually, there was a shark tank with the sand bar shark, nurse shark, and bull shark I think. Above that, there lots of fish but this particular one caught my eye. There was this big long fish swimming speedily with five fish behind it like body guards. Now that ends it! Maybe this wasn't as long as I thought.


Level 2:
This level showed a variety of fish. There an exhibit with rock fish. I could see three of them camouflaging in the coral, but I didn't see the last one, but my mom pointed it out to me. Let's see if you could find it on the picture way down below! Furthermore, a weird fish in a tank had a hump which was weird. Basically, all there was here was just a variety of weird and not so weird fish in tanks.

Level 3:
This level, in my opinion, was the best! It had a feeling chamber. Horseshoe crabs crawled, and rays of different kind (that don't hurt you) swam. The rules were simple, you could not touch the nose, eyes, or the under part of the animal's body. Touching the horseshoe crab felt like I was touching a rock. A misshapen rock. The Ray's spine was bony, but the "wings" were soft. Several times, the Ray surfaced. Speaking of touching tanks, we also got to touch moon jellyfish. Now speaking of jellyfish, we visited the Jelly Invasion exhibit which was all about jellyfish obviously. There were different kinds of jellies, moon, red, blue, peach, purple, pink and lion jellyfish. A video in the exhibit featured jellyfish being poured onto ships and flooding the ships. It took pretty much an hour to clean the mess up. Since the crew used fishing nets, they got a ton of jellyfish. When they poured it onto the ship, it was like "jellies. Jellies. MORE JELLIES!" It was incredible. NOT. There was a tank with a flounder and an unpuffed puffer fish.

Level 4:
THIS level was short. The exhibits were displayed in tanks, One that was extreme was an octopus. The octopus opened many jars. Well, I didn't actually see it, but I saw empty jars. As we moved on, I observed the weird long necked turtle. In that tank, there was also a fish sticking to the glass of the tank. That's all I remember for this level. I guess you think this is boring. Not the octopus part.

Level 5:
The 5 stars the Amazon Rainforest/River. My favorite in this level was the pig nosed turtle. Look in the pictures below. I labeled them. There were also enormous catfish and snapping turtle like turtles. And a variety of fish of course. So much fish. Now, for some reason, you got to bird watch in the makeshift forest. To make it even more realistic, they added humidifiers to make makeshift rain. This is outdoors. Indoors, we saw Florida Gardners, I think that is what they are called. You, know, I wrote this yesterday, so don't blame me if I forgot some things.

Level 6:
There is no level 6.

Images:































 Can you see the flounder?








































We went to a wax museum the next day. It was boring. That sums it up. Now lets make this simple. We went to a spy museum. We saw cool gadgets and different ways to spy. The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment