Friday, January 8, 2016

Winter Break (Continued)

Hey everybody! It is me! Xiang! So lets continue on our winter break story alright! so where were we.... Oh right! On the part of where we were making that colossal sand fort. Okay. On the day after that, we went on a hiking trail. At the end of the trail, there was a place (I wasn't sure what it was called.) where we got to hold baby alligators. I tried hugging one. After that, we went on an Everglades air boat tour. An air boat is something like this:




























It can zoom across the water with a speed of 35 miles per hour. Along the way we saw 2 alligators. (Actually, 3.) It was really cool. Anyways, onto the next day. we went snorkeling on this beach. I spied different kinds of fish and I kind of jelly fish. It was really cut. It didn't sting, so you could hold it in your hands.

























On the 31st, we went on a snorkeling tour. We had to board onto a speedboat named Dolphin and took 30 minutes to get to the snorkeling site. At the site, yes we saw lots of fish but the strangest ones we saw were fish with needles on there mouths. Also, I saw a moon jelly.
Image result for moon jellyfish






















In addition, I observed fan coral like this:
Image result for purple fan coral


Pretty cool right? Now here comes somewhat scary to me. On the way back to the boat, I felt my leg bump into something jellyish. I figured out that it was the moon jelly from before. I panicked. (Kind of.) The unlucky jelly fish, after the bump, was sent tumbling down to the sandy sea floor. Sorry. That is all the highlights for that day! Oh wait, no! We visited Cannon Beach. I saw a gar fish there while snorkeling along with some other colorful fish. Here is a Florida garfish:























 
There also something REALLY AMAZING!!!!!!!! I saw a Spanish ship wreck! There were two cannons and a giant anchor! I wasn't able to take pictures so I used online ones. (I am not lying. I don't lie.) Shipwreck and black grouper credited to John Pennecamp.com I think:


Next winter break post will be tomorrow, so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment